Asturias is a Spanish region with great nature, high mountains and beautiful coast.
The coast of Asturias is mainly cliffs but it has beautiful sand beaches as well.
Most of the towns in the coast of Asturias have marinas for yachts and small boats. Which make it perfect for a walk in the boardwalk.
- San Pedro Walk: You can walk from the Sablon beach 1,6km (1mile) along the cliff.
- The Marina is integrated in the city center, as it is part of the mouth of the River Carrocedo.
- Cubos de la Memoria: The fishing port has a breakwater very nicely painted in 2001.
One of the biggest towns in Asturias
- Virgen de Guia Hermitage: The views from here are breathtaking. And is just a short walk from Ribadesella citycenter.
- Tito Bustillo cave: with prehistoric rock art. You need to book in advance from their website.
The best thing you can do in this town is to get lost in its very narrow streets, with steeps and slopes everywhere, the whole village is almost vertical, with views to the ocean.
- Jurassic Museum: outside of the town, only 8min by car, you can enjoy this modern museum. Read more here, we really enjoyed it!
Small and colorful fishing town with plenty of restaurants and handcraft jewelry, jet mines where plentyfull in this area. It also has a beach with cliffs and fossilized dinosaurs footprints.
The most colorful town you will find in Asturias. Like in most small towns, we recommend a stroll in its streets and enjoy the views from its highest points.